Andrew C. Fantasia CPA/ABV/ CFF, CVA
Graduate Degree: MBA - Boston College (1972)
Undergraduate Degree: BSBA - Northeastern University (1965)
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE & DESIGNATIONS:
CPA - Certified Public Accountant - AICPA & MA Society of CPAs (1975)
ABV - Accredited in Business Valuation - AICPA (2006)
CVA - Certified Valuation Analyst - NACVA (1995)
CFF - Certified in Financial Forensics - AICPA (2008)
I have been a CPA and management consultant for over thirty-five years. I was formerly on the consulting staff of an international accounting, tax and consulting firm.
Over the years, I have been involved in corporate audits, reviews, tax audits and business valuations that required an in-depth operational and expense analysis, statistical analysis, staff projections, budgets, forecasts and projections, debt service and cash flow considerations. I have conducted business valuations of corporations and estates to resolve stockholder disputes, divorce settlements, preparation of estate tax returns, as well as, business valuations for stockholder insurance coverage. In addition, my firm has performed government contract compliance audits for Massachusetts Water Resource Authority.
I have served as either an expert witness or court appointed special master for Middlesex Superior Court, Norfolk Superior Court, Middlesex Probate Court, Nantucket Probate Court, Norfolk Probate Court, Brockton Probate Court and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court – District of Massachusetts.
ASSOCIATIONS & COMMITTEES:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
** Business Valuation and Forensic & Litigation Services Section
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
** NACVA – Member of the Year – 1998
- Past President (Massachusetts Chapter) - National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Past Member - Massachusetts Bar Association Small Firm Section Committee
- Past Lecturer - Massachusetts Bar Association's Small Firm Section.
I consider community service to be an important part of my professional career. I have proudly held the following positions:
- Past Audit Committee Chairman American Red Cross - North East Regional Blood Center;
- Past Member of Town of Milford - Finance Committee;
- Past Board of Director Member - Milford Regional Youth Hockey Association;
- Past Legislature Committee member of the Small Business Association of New England (SBANE); and
- In 1992, I provided testimony before the United States Federal Banking Committee chaired by Representative Gonzales to discuss “Impact of FDIC Loan Management on Local Small Businesses”.
- Pilot - U.S. Air Force